Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's Back!

Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice 
I just got my Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice back from being quilted!  I just have to trim the edge and add the binding and I am all done :)  Now I know what you are thinking, "What does all this quilting have to do with letterboxing?"  But I discovered the quilt on Atlas Quest.

I believe that I have talked about this quilt before but I thought I would explain it again.  This is a mystery quilt.  I didn't do it that way but that is how it started.

Back in November, Bonnie Hunter posted on her blog what fabrics you needed for the quilt (what colors, sizes, etc).  Then once a week for 5 weeks she posted what blocks to make, what size, color, etc.  She gave step by step instructions.

Quilting up close.
As people when along they posted pics of their progress on the Facebook page.  Then on Jan 1st, Bonnie Hunter reveled what the finished quilt should look like.  Everyone also posted pics of their finished quilts and I fell in love with them.  So I made one too and I love it!

I probably should have made it a little wider but my husband can sleep on the short side :)~



No comments:

Post a Comment