Monday, August 11, 2014

Something Old, Something New...

Make Mine a Double!:Roses
I am in a LTC swap that was originally called "Make Mine a Double."  Then the name was changed to "Pete & Repeat."  But I have been calling it the "Something Old, Something New"
swap.

For this swap you had to use a stamp that you had before the swap was listed and use one that you got/carved after the swap was listed.  You also had to use stuff (paper, ink, embellishments, etc) that you had before and some that you got after.

I had a lot of ideas for this card.  For one of my ideas I couldn't find the old stamp that I wanted.  While I was thinking about this card I got the news that Housepitality Hostess's husband was killed in a card accident.  Then, I wanted my card to be meaningful.

For this card I used my old rose stamp.  This is the third card that I have used it on.  The stamp and all the papers are old.  The rose stamp is embossed.  The quote about thorns is new and so is the bee.  I think they turned out pretty good.

Today is the first day of school.  If you are keeping track, I started this blog 2 years ago when my kids went back to school.  Now it is just me and Lil Ewok at home.  Bitter sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment