Sunday, August 17, 2014

Vincennes Again & Lepidoptera

Caboose at Princeton Train Depot
My letterboxing buddy, G-MA, and I went boxing together on Friday.  About 2 weeks ago someone passing through planted a box in Vincennes.  It is about an hour away so I was not in a big hurry to go get it.  But when MiSs cHiEvOuS nEsS was in town for our recent event she planted a box in Princeton which is half way between Evansville and Vincennes.  I had planned on going for the boxes on Friday and G-MA contacted me to see if we wanted to go together and I said yes.

The Princeton box was at the Princeton Depot.  There is another box here but G-MA and I already had it so we didn't check on it.  We did look around inside the building for a bit a talked with the workers who were not very friendly.

Gibson Co Quilt Square
Gibson County has a trail of quilt squares.  We saw several on out trip and this is the one at the depot.  G-MA thinks I should plant a box at each one.  There are 212!!  I can not do that but I do need to check them out and see if any of them have good hiding spots.  Maybe that can be an idea for next year. I don't know, plant a quilt square once a month?

The box in Vincennes is planted near a running track.  It was a beautiful day so G-MA and I sat at the bleachers and talked for a while.  We ate lunch at a Chinese place in Vincennes and then headed home.


Lepidoptera  II: Question Mark Butterfly


This is my card for the Lepidoptera II tracker.  When I first made the card I really liked it.  But the more I look at it the more I hate it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment