Thursday, September 4, 2014

Interesting Find

This year we are planting letterboxes for each family member near their birthday.  Today we planted the last one for my noxer hubby.  He is on the cemetery board for Barnett Cemetery.  This is a rural cemetery in Warrick County.

It was about 9am and the grass was wet so Lil Ewok refused to walk.  I carried him around looking for a good hiding spot and taking notes.  When we discovered a bee hive in a big tree.

When we first pulled up I thought that the big multi trunk tree with another tree with it would be a good hiding spot.  The other tree had a note in a plastic bag tied to the limb.  When I stopped to check out the note I noticed the bees.  I sat Lil Ewok down and snuck up to take a pic.  I have never seen anything like it.  Both of the trunks had bees on them.

Pretty cool find for us today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment