Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn Abundance & Halloween 2014 LTCs

Autumn Abundance: Colorful Tree
Today I am gonna squeeze two LTCs into one blog post :)  

This is my third year participating in Housepitality Hostess's autumn LTC swap and this is the third of my cards using my plain tree for different seasons.

For the background I tore pages from a book and stamped my tree trunk on them.  I took some Tim Holtz Distressed Ink and rubbed it around the edge with a small piece of felt.  I cut up fall colored papers with my Bind it All and used them as leaves.  I just glued them on with school glue.  I glued the whole thing to brown paper.  I got to looking at it and decided that it needed another stamp.  So, I carved up the leaf and stamped it orange on the cards.  I think this is my favorite of these season cards.

(Spring: http://wchristmas6.blogspot.com/2014/06/flowering-trees-ltc.html)

(Summer: http://wchristmas6.blogspot.com/2014/08/mixed-media-tree.html)

Halloween 2014: Spooky Spider
I am also in the Halloween 2014 tracker and the cards are due just a few days apart.

I got the idea for this card on Pinterest.  I took some mixed media paper and Mod Podged strips of black tissue paper on it.  When it was dry, I wrapped the white yarn around the card to look like a spider web.

I glued that to the light grey background.  I carved up the spider and the fly stamps and stamped them on light grey paper too.  I embossed the spiders eyes with red glittery embossing powder.  I attached the fly with a small glue dot and the spider was attached with a 3D glue dot.  These turned out ok, but I got sick of making them pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment