Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mixed Media Tree

I am in the "Mixed Media Frenzy" LTC swap.  I really don't know what "mixed media" is but I have received several collage cards recently so that is what I wanted to do.

I stated before that I had an idea to carve a plain tree stamp and use it for several seasons.  This is actually the first card that I started using it on.

For the background I took playing cards and Mod Podged strips of paper on them.  I used a phone book, old map, and parts of the news paper.

Then I took my tree trunk and stamped it on the cards.  For the leaves I placed a stencil on the card and painted the leaves.  I put the stencil on one way and used one shade of acrylic green paint.  Then I moved it a little and used a different shade of paint.

I wanted the cards to have a quote about trees but it needed to be short and sweet.  I found one by Ralph Waldo Emerson that says, "The creation of a thousand forest is in one acorn."  I liked it so I printed it off and carved up a small acorn stamp.

I glued the strips of text on with a glue stick and used raised glue dots for the acorn.  Then I glued the whole thing to some tree scrapbook paper.  I added that the quote was by Emerson on the back.

When I had the idea to make these tree cards I really didn't plan to make them all so close together.


No comments:

Post a Comment