Saturday, February 28, 2015

Biggest Ball of Twine in MN LTC

Roadside America: Biggest Ball of Twine in MN
When the "Roadside America" LTC swap was posted I immediately thought of Weird Al's Biggest Ball of Twin in Minnesota.  I have never been there but I listened to Weird All a lot in the 90's.

My mom's favorite Weird Al song was the Biggest Ball of Twin in Minnesota and when it would come on (I had all of his cassettes at the time) she would crank it up and sing along.

About 10 years ago Weird Al came to our city.  It was close to my birthday and my mom offered to take me as a birthday present.  I turned her town because it has been a while since I was a fan and was worried he would play a lot of songs that we didn't know.  Looking back, I wish we would have gone.  

For my card, I wanted to use twine in it some how but couldn't figure out how to do it without making the card really thick.  So I used the twine as a stamp and stamped lines on my background paper with it.  Then I printed off pics of the twine ball and glued my stamp on top.  I should have cut a slit in the gazebo and slid my stamp image up inside.  But I didn't think about that until I had already mailed my cards off.

This tracker had brought back some good memories and I am looking forward to seeing the other cards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment