Sunday, February 1, 2015

Log Cabin Quilt LTC

Crazy Quilters Bee: Log Cabin
This is my card for the "Crazy Quilters Bee" LTC swap.  I love the log cabin quilt block and that is what I carved.

My original idea was with the magazines.  We had a yard sale at the end of the summer with my mother-in-law.  She was getting rid of a stack of old National Geographic magazines.  At the end of the weekend they were still there and she said that I could have them.  They are so colorful, I thought they would be perfect for LTCs.

I carved my stamp and started with my first idea.  I stamped the stamp on the card with yellow, cut out parts of the magazine, glued them on, and stamped my stamp on again with black.  My stamps did not line up and some of the papers were the wrong size.  I decided that this was to much work and I went on to plan B.

For the final card, I stamped the stamp on white/cream felt and colored it in with Sharpies.  Then I stitched over it by hand using black thread and glued it to blue paper.  I like how they turned out but it was a lot of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment