Friday, August 7, 2015

3 States in 1 Day

Sword and the stone
Today my 2 younger kids, my boxing buddy, and I boxed in 3 states- In, Ky & Tn.

So there are some folks in Hopkinsville, Ky (about 1 1/2 hrs south) that have been boxing up here a lot lately.  I was thinking that even though there is only one box there I should go there and plant a box for them.  But before I could they planted a new box in Hopkinsville.  So this meant that I really had to go down there!

Getting ready to stamp at the round table
The two boxes there were both on a college campus.  They were easy to find and fun.  My kids loved playing with the sword and the stone.  The princess was determined that we could pull it out.  When we found the box there we stamped in at the round table and then played around at the amphitheater.

After playing for a while we left to plant my box.  I knew that I wanted to put it at a military memorial park.  It was bigger than it looked on Google maps.  We walked around for a while, planted, and found two geocaches.   When we left the park we had lunch and a potty break.
Statue selfie

Then we continued south and found two more boxes (and one geocache) in Clarksville, Tn about 30 minutes south of Hopkinsville.  These were cool boxes too in neat locations but they needed maintenance.  We replaced all the baggies in the boxes today except for the new box.

Now for the 2 hour trip home.  The kids were pretty fussy and the princess napped for a little while.  She would have napped longer but Lil Ewok kept yelling at her.

Memorial Park
When we got back to town we dropped the kids off at home and looked for a new box planted by a geocacher.  This is his third letterbox/hybrid.  So far I'm not impressed.  He left a clue for letterboxers but it was very vague.  I am pretty sure we were in the right spot but couldn't find it.

We had a pretty good trip.  It sprinkled early but it cleared up and was nice.  Now if I can get my kids to act better on car trips.







No comments:

Post a Comment