Monday, August 31, 2015

Tombstone Tales Event

On Saturday, my boxing buddy (G-MA) and I went to the Tombstone Tales event in St Louis, Mo.  I picked her up at 7 and we drove 2.5-3 hrs to Bellefontaine Cemetery.

We arrived about 2 hours before the event to get the 2 large series of boxes planted there.  One of the series was easy to find.  They went along with the different symbols used on graves.  It was a very interesting series.

The other series was harder.  You were supposed to do your homework before you came to find the boxes.  But I had jury duty last week and my buddy didn't realize that there was homework.  And we discovered that we probably could not have found them anyway because we didn't have the right map.

So it maybe "slackboxing" but we would stop anytime we saw other people stopped.  Some folks were very helpful and said come on over and stamp on the back of my car.  And other folks said let us put it back and then you can find it.  When we stopped another car for help they just said I think it is over there somewhere :(

With all the issues we had with the clues, I was surprised that we actually found more than half of the hard series.

The event itself was just 2 hours.  We had a pitch in lunch and exchanged.  I really enjoy this part but I know G-MA does not.  She would rather be out boxing.  I got my exchanges quickly and we got out of there.  I got to exchange with wandaandpete!  We ended up leaving before the group photo but we were both ok with that.


I am now officially a member of the "Been Locked in a Cemetery" club.  The cemetery closed at 5 but we thought with the event they would be open longer.  We arrived at the gate a little after 5 and it was locked.  We called the number and about 15 minutes later (we should have got another box) the security guard came and let us out.  I guess she was out driving around the cemetery to see if anyone was locked in.  When she arrived there was another car with her that I had seen driving around taking pictures.

We found 26 boxes in 5 hours and are determined to come back and get more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment