Saturday, August 15, 2015

Frogs, Toads, and Turtles

Frogs, Toads & Turtles: Toad Friend
I am in the Frogs, Toads & Turtles LTC tracker.  My oldest and youngest boys love toads/frogs.  In the warm evenings you can hear them croaking around our house.  Lil Ewok says that he wants to see them.  So he and Lego Clone Trooper get flash lights and go looking.  Lil Ewok always comes back excited about all the critters they found.  Below are some pics of the toad/frogs we have seen in our yard.

For this card I needed camouflage paper.  I thought the best way to do that was with my Gelli plate (of course).  I tried a few different things but for most of the cards I put down tan paint first, put a circle stencil, and pulled a print.  I didn't clean the plate and put the green paint down, stuck a swirly dry embossing folder on it, and pulled a print on top on the previous paper.  I think they turned out really well.

I stamped the stamp, applied a layer of antique Mod Podge, let them dry, cut them out, glued them to the textured grey paper.  They needed a little something so I took the same brown stamp pad that I used to stamp the toads and rubbed it on the edge of the cards.  I am very happy with the whole thing :)


Frog in the holly bush.
Frog on kitchen window.

Frog on the kitchen door.

No comments:

Post a Comment