Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Event Stamps & OCD

Event boxes ready for paint
My event is one month away!  I am excited and terrified at the same time.  Back in March I set up two trackers to collect stamps.  I am shocked at the response and the number of stamps coming in!  Big "THANKS!" to everyone who have sent stamps.  If everything comes in I should have 92 stamps :)

If things go as planned, there will be 4 tails of stamps.  All About Indiana will have 28, Famous Hoosiers will have 39, Life is Good in Indiana will have 18, I have 6 Pennies, and the event stamp.

Pennies
My event is at Lincoln State Park across the highway from the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial.  There are currently 4 letterboxes in the park.  Only one of those has a Lincoln theme and it is a store bought stamp in a geocache/letterbox hybrid.  I wanted to do have a series of Lincoln stamps.  I was looking at images and found these pennies.  I thought I could do the top 2 (Kentucky & Indiana) but the bottom 2 (Illinois & DC) were to hard for me.  I posted on the Stamp Exchange and aMAZEing adventure frog volunteered to help!!  Her carves are awesome.

I got to thinking, if I am going to have the back of 4 pennies I should have a front.  So I carved that too.  Then I carved what I thought was the back of the penny- the Lincoln Memorial.  But as I was looking online I discovered, the Lincoln Memorial is not the back of present day pennies.  They have a shield!   Now my OCD kicks in.  I need to carve the back of current pennies.  And if I am going to do that why not carve the Wheat penny too!?  I don't want to carve any more pennies but I think I have to.  I'll probably loose sleep over it if I don't :'(

Anyone out there what to take pity on a crazy woman and carve a penny?  I need it by 9/16 because I am going to plant on 9/17.


No comments:

Post a Comment