Monday, August 29, 2016

New Trail Names & Sig Stamps

A few months ago Daddy's Favorite Princess asked me to carve her a new trail stamp.  Her original stamp was a Hello Kitty face.  It was about the size of a quarter and she lost it.  Then I carved a Jewel Sparkles Lalaloopsy and she has been using it for a while.  But the stamp warped and it is hard for her to get a good image with it.

While we were at the Homerdoodle event she said that her trail name was too long, after a while she was just stamping table top box boxes, and not writing her name.  So we discussed the new stamp and she wanted a Shopkins image.  I added her trail name to make it easier for her when stamping a lot boxes.

While we were out hiking the trails at Homerdoodle, R2-D2 said that he would like to change his trail name.  He said if he could change it he would be more willing to go letterboxing.  Now, I don't believe that for a second but agreed to change his name and carve him a new stamp.

He said that he wanted to be Boxing Turtle.  He loves turtles right now.  But we really went back and forth on the stamp image.  He drew something up with his finger on his iPad and said do this.  I got on my laptop and designed a stamp using clipart.  He didn't like it and said "just wing it."  I said, "Have we met?  I don't wing it!"  We have been boxing for 5 years, I have 150+ traditional plants, and I never hand draw them.  We finally found something we both could agree on and I added his name to it too.

Lego Clone Trooper didn't ask for a new stamp or trail name but he got one.  When he graduated from 8th grade a few months ago, he got a phone and started using social media.  His Facebook name is Bantha Rider and is a big Star Wars fan.  So I changed his trail name to Bantha Rider and carved him a new stamp.  I really like his and he does too.

Lil Ewok is only 4 and he is staying the same.  If I gave him the chance to change it now he would probably pick a ninja turtle.  We will stick with his current name & stamp for now.


PENNY UPDATE:  I have decided not to carve more pennies.  I am in the process of painting a labeling the boxes for the event.  I don't have anymore round Lock n Locks; if I carve more pennies, I have to order more boxes.  As of right now, I have just enough boxes for the stamps that are supposed to come.  I had one person drop and I have a feeling that 1-2 more people will be removed.  That adds a few more stamps to my list but the boxes will be ready when I finish the carves.  



No comments:

Post a Comment