Monday, May 1, 2017

Country Silos & Fancy Feathers

Kitchen Canister Silos
I am participating in the "Vintage Country Barns, Mills, and Bridges" LTC swap.  One of the things listed on the tracker was silos.  I just drove past these silos when planting one of my Hoosier Library Day boxes.

My card is called, "Kitchen Canister Silos."  I carved my stamp, stamped it on watercolor paper, colored the card with the Tim Holtz Distress Crayons, and then went over it with a water brush pen.  I sent the stamp off with the cards to be used at the Homerdoodle in the Country event.

I posted this pic on my Facebook page and everyone loved it.  I guess I will have to find a place to plant it when they return it after the event.


I'm also in the Fancy Feather Inchie swap.  I haven't made inchies in a while and thought it would be fun.   But carving a feather that small turned out to be tough and I almost dropped from the swap.

Fancy Feather: Tie Dye Feather
My stamp is pretty simple but I tried another new Pinterest technique.  You put some drops of alcohol ink on a baby wipe and stamp your stamp on that.  It gives a tie dye effect.  It looks cool but I think it would be better for bigger stamps and you can see that I tested it out on my mermaid.


2 comments: