Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Girl Scout Postal Ring

I am participating in jlsd0218's Girl Scout postal ring.  I carved this stamp a few years ago when someone was looking for over sized LTCs based on books for a poster she was making for a contest at her local library.  One of the books on the list was about Juliette Low, the founder of Girl Scouts, and I carved the stamp and made a mini poster.  I don't remember how many I made and apparently I didn't save one for myself.  I have looked in all my LTC binders and can't find one.  

After that, I decided that I would plant the stamp as a hybrid at my local GS office.  But another boxer beat me to it.  She emailed me to say that she was going to put it inside and asked if I wanted to add a stamp.  I told her no because the GS office had such limited hours.  So, I put my stamp away and the other boxer never planted one at the GS office either.  Not sure what happened there.

But I dusted off my old stamp, made a logbook, a matching postal hitchhiker, and sent them off in this new ring.  Hopefully Juliette will return home safe and maybe I can find a good place for her in the wild :)

No comments:

Post a Comment