Friday, June 9, 2017

Something New LTC

Something New: Just Keep Swimming!
I eagerly signed up for greenmountainhiker's "Something New" swap.  I have participated in these "try a new technique" swaps before and really enjoyed them.  I also had a technique on my Pinterest board that I have been itching to try.   My card is called, "Just Keep Swimming."

HERE is the blog post with detailed instructions and photos on the background of this card.  I cut my cards to size, sprayed some green & blue ink on my craft mat, and rubbed the cards thru it.

Lot's of supplies
When the cards are dry you stick an adhesive sheet to it.  I had never heard of this before and tried Avery lables & different tapes.  They didn't work and I ordered the sheets online.  While I waited for the sheets to arrive I played around with my Gelatos.  I bought them about a year ago and never used them.  They were fun to play with.  

Once you have the adhesive sheet, stick it to your paper in random spots.  Then dump embossing powder on, shake off excess, heat set, rub your cards thru darker inks on your craft mat, and wipe extra ink off your cards.  Tada!  Now you can decorate how you want :)

I really like the looks of this background but it has 2 down falls.  Can you get these adhesive sheets in the store?  If not, that is bad.  I like being able to run out and get stuff when I need it and not wait on shipping.

And number 2 is, I felt like I got a ton of adhesive on my fingers and craft mat.  It is kinda a pain to work with.  I ended up with a dozen finished cards but I probably made 20.  I would mess up on something somewhere and pitch the bad cards.

So, it is cool but I am not sure if it is for me.  I got 2 packages of the adhesive so I will try it again.

Playing with Gelatos
I want to tell just a bit about the Gelato cards.  For the one on the left I put a lot of color on the card and rubbed it around with one of those make up sponges.  For the middle card, I rubbed some color at the top of the card, sprayed it with water, and propped it up so the ink would run down.  I really like this one.

As you can see, I started off with the "Under the Sea" text.  I went to JoAnn's to look for some small shell stamps and found a few big sets.  They were on sale and I bought 3 of them (don't tell my husband).  The "Just Keep Swimming" was with one of the sets I got.


No comments:

Post a Comment