Monday, December 10, 2018

Dandelion LTCs

Bleeding Tissue Paper on Watercolor Paper
 This is my card for AdventurousAcorn's "Silly Holidays 2019" LTC swap.  I joined and went to see if there were an silly holidays on my birthday.  My birthday is April 5th and according to www.holidayinsights.com that day is "Go for Broke Day", "National Dandelion Day", and "National Walk to Work Day" (first Friday in April).

As you can see, I picked National Dandelion Day.  I thought it would be fun to plant this as a traditional box on my birthday. 

This is the second time that I have used this background technique but you won't see the first blog post until the end of the year.  I did it a little different this go round.  I cut the cards to size, cut bleeding tissue paper in one inch squares, "paint" water on the card, lay the bleeding tissue paper down, and put some more water on top. 

Silly Holidays 2019: National Dandelion Day
 Let the cards dry for 15-20 minutes, peel the tissue paper away, and let the cards dry completely.  I punched the corners, stamp my stamp, mounted to yellow textured scrapbook paper, and added some text. 

I'm happy with how the cards turned out.  I mention in my future blog post about this background that you can not use plain tissue paper.  I tried it and it just barley left some color on the paper.  I really like this technique; it is fun and easy to do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment