Sunday, December 1, 2019

Scrap LTC

 This is my card for Gypsy Fiddler's "Scraps Challenge-The Sequel" LTC tracker.  When She hosted the first one, it filled up before I could join.  I thought about making cards anyway in the hopes someone would drop, but didn't. 

My original idea for a scrap card was a crazy quilt.  But when she posted the second swap she suggested that we make something for the upcoming holiday season.  That is when I decided to make the cornucopia. 

For the swap, we had to make at least 3 stamps from our scrap pile.  I carved 14 but only used 13.  I didn't end up using the curved leaf.

Carving the stamps was the easy part of this tracker.  Making time to color, cut, and assemble was the hard part.  This was my first time using Copic
markers and I really enjoyed it.  I tried shading three different ways- going over the area with the same color, going over the area with a darker color, and going over the shaded area with grey.  The princess was excited to play with them and shaded some of the pieces. 

Another new thing I used on this swap was a sticker machine.  My mom is a scrapbooker and she uses these to assemble layered embellishments that she makes with her Cricut.  My daughter saw them, asked for one for her birthday, and I borrowed it for this project. 

I think it was easier that gluing them all individually but it leaves a residue like rubber cement.  I had to rub down all the cards at the end to get it off. 

I'm happy with how the cards turned out but I will probably not be doing anything like this again.  I am turning these stamps into an event box.  You may see them in the future :)




No comments:

Post a Comment