Saturday, December 21, 2019

Winter Craft & Swap

This is my LTC for aMAZEing adventure frog's Winter Craft & Swap tracker.  My card is called, "The Holy Family."

For this card, I used the same technique as my last New/Underused Product LTC.  HERE is that blog post if you want to see it.  And HERE is the video that I tried to copy if you want to go straight to the pro ;)

I rolled a layer of alcohol ink on the Gelli Plate with a brayer.  Put down a stencil and press it down with the bubble wrap.  Now, add more alcohol ink colors and use the cardboard/bubble wrap to add texture/transfer color from one area to another.

I went to buy more alcohol inks recently and accidentally got the pearl kind.  I had never used it before and tried it on these cards.  It looks pretty cool.  I'll have to use it more often.

Winter Craft & Swap 2019: The Holy Family 
When the inks are dry, roll out a layer of paint.  I used cream color paper and white paint.  You can add more texture after the paint if you want.  The first pull I smashed a wadded up plastic bag, but forgot about it on other pulls.

I have been using a lot of vellum here lately.  I stamped my stamp on vellum and attached it with a simple brad.  Then glued it to brown textured scrapbook paper.  I carved a small star stamp to stamp on the Gelli background but didn't end up using.

No comments:

Post a Comment