Sunday, March 7, 2021

TAP's March Madness

7c Worth of March Madness: Smile
This is the 2nd time Team Awesome Pants (TAP) has hosted a goofy paper swap. She bought some paper, cut it to size, and send it out to folks who signed up for her "7 cents Worth of March Madness" LTC swap.  

The paper I received this time was much better than last time.  HERE is the link to my blog post last time I participated.  For this paper, my first thought was Indian/Hindu.  I don't know much about that but I kept thinking about elephants.  I did an online search and this cute elephant popped up multiple times.  I decided to carve him and add the text.  

I stamped it on cream vellum with a gold ink pad and gold embossing powder.  I tried to use the embossing powder sparingly to make the cards look worn.  So, if you look at them and think, "Wendy needs to get a new embossing ink pad."  It was intentional.  And I'm not just saying that to cover a mistake.  The card that I kept for myself has minimal embossing.  I punched 2 of the corners, rubbed gold ink around the edge of the vellum, and added gold studs on the other corners.

I'm very happy with how my cards turned out and I'm looking forward to seeing the others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment