Thursday, October 3, 2013

Monster High & Crappy Pink

Daddy's Favorite Princess and I are participating in the "Monster High" LTC tracker.  The due date was a few days ago so maybe we will get them back by the end of next week.

This was the princesses fourth stamp and her first positive carve.  I think I didn't explain what I wanted her to do very well because she just scratched the surface of the parts she was supposed to carve away.  Or maybe I should have given her a bigger gauge.  Anyway, I ended up doing a lot of "clean up" on her stamp.

As for my stamp, we finally got a stab of the crappy 2012 pink.  It is extremely soft and just rubbing your hand across it will bring off bits of material.  I had heard a lot of people complaining about the new pink on the AQ boards so I knew it was just a matter of time before we got some.

One of the things that really surprised me about the bad material was that it didn't ink well.  I had planed on embossing my card but it wouldn't take the ink.  I inked the stamp with an embossing pad, stamped it on cardstock, and dumped the embossing powder on.  But the powder wouldn't stick to the paper.  I thought that maybe my ink pad was drying out so I tried it again with a black ink pad.  It still wouldn't work.  So, I didn't emboss the card after all.

On a positive note, this week we found 2 slabs of 09 pink and it should hold us over for a while :)

We will be planting our Monster High stamps for Halloween.  Just looking for a good place to put them.  I have an idea, I just need to find some time to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment