Saturday, October 5, 2013

My First Geocaching Event

Cachers talking
I went to my first geocaching event today. Around here the only people who plant hybrid boxes are geocachers. And for the most part they only put the clues on the geocaching web site. I have a Girl Scout friend who is an active cacher and I was asking about this one day. She said that we should have a Geocacher/Letterboxer event to talk about this kind of stuff.

Looking at my LTC binder
So today at one of the local libraries we had the event. I talked about letterboxing and listing clues on our web sites. If they are going to take the time to plant a cache with a stamp why not put clues to the box where people who look for stamps can find them?

I also took carving tools and told people if they were interested in making a stamp to bring a school eraser. Most of the geocachers brought erasers. I took some extras and I believe everyone made a stamp.

Carving stamps 
I have never been to a geocaching event before so I didn't know what they do to pass the time. I took two of my table tops and they seemed to enjoy those. I also took one of my binders of LTCs to show off different stamps. I think they all liked that too. I wish I could have gotten some other letterboxers to attend but our numbers are really low right now :(


No comments:

Post a Comment