Thursday, October 24, 2013

First Finders!

Today we looked for 2 letterboxes and we were "First Finders" for both :)  Woo Hoo!  We went to Posey County, which is west of us, and Warrick County, which is east of us.

We started off at Harmonie State Park in Posey County.  Someone came over last fall for our event and planted a box while she was here.  For some reason she never posted the clue.  She recently posted on the Indiana board to see if anyone would be interested in going after it.  I wanted to get out and needed to go to Harmonie anyway so she sent me her notes.

The princess with our first box of the day. 
All we had were her rough notes but were able to find it.  The stamp was really cool and my daughter liked the logbook.  It was an exciting adventure.

When you plant a box in a state park in Indiana you are supposed to fill out a Geocaching permit.  It was time to renew my permits so I went and checked on 3 of my boxes while we were there.  Sadly one of them was missing.  I think I will retire and not recarve.

After that we stopped and got some lunch at the DQ in Mt Vernon and headed to Newburgh in Warrick County.

Princess and Lil Ewok at the second box. 
This box was also planted by someone out of town and in an area now full of letterboxes.  But we were happy to get it and be first finders.  The image was a cannon but the baby kept saying that it was a "Choo choo."  He has a birthday coming up and I think we will plant a "choo choo" box for him.  Glad we got these boxes before it gets to cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment