Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Boxing with the Baby

Daddy's Favorite Princess says that she doesn't like letterboxing so I try to go while she is at preschool.  Someone just planted a box in our city so Lil Ewok and I went to get it.  It was planted a few days ago but we were first finders.  The baby likes going out on my back but I take him off to stamp and that really makes him mad.  After finding the box we walked around for a while looking for a good place to plant a box.  I would like to plant a hitchhiker hostel in this park.

While we were out we did some maintenance on 3 of our boxes and replaced someone else's logbook.  I actually replaced everything but the stamp but I wanted to dry out the old logbook and put it back.  It was in bad shape so I gave it back to the owner and put a new one in the box today.

One of the boxes we did maintenance on today we planted last June for Donut Day.  It has a blue diamond but not many people have found it so we stopped to check on it.  We also checked on a 2 part series that I just worked on back in December.  I stopped then and they were both full of water.  So I replaced everything but the stamps and I moved the second one.  I wanted to check on it after a good rain to make sure it didn't wash down the hill.  They were both in good shape.

We are expecting some very nice weather this week so I will probably go out tomorrow and plant a mystery box.  I went today and took a picture to go with the clue.  I hope other boxers find and enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment