Sunday, February 3, 2013

Love Birds

This card is "Love Birds" for the Hearts Galore LTC swap.  My original idea for the background was to lay heart shaped doilies on the paper and spray the blue on top of that.  When you cut it out you could not tell that the shapes left behind were from doilies.  Then I tried laying heart shaped sequins on the paper and spray them.  I liked that much better and that is what you see above.

After I made all the cards and mailed them off I found a technique that I liked even better but it was too late by then.  So, if I had the whole thing to do over again I would use a resist technique.  I would stamp the white card with a heart stamp and emboss with clear powder.  Then spray the card with blue and add my image.  But I didn't want to ask for my cards back and start from square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment