Friday, April 5, 2013

Birthday Boxing

Today is my birthday and of course I wanted to spend it letterboxing.  We looked for 14 but only found 6 :(  One of the ones we did find was a 5 year old box that had not been found in the past two years.  But I know at least one person had looked for it.  It was really cool to find this older box by one of our letterboxers who doesn't box anymore.

Another box that we looked for was really hard to get to.  When it was planted you just drove across the highway to it.  But now that road is an interstate and we had to go out and around and all over to get there.  Then we arrived at the cemetery and found the box easily but it had been burned.  That whole area was burned.  I don't know if there was a wildfire or if they burned it so they would not have to mow the grass.  It was weird.

We had a fun day of letterboxing and I only need to find 6 more to reach 300!

No comments:

Post a Comment