Monday, April 22, 2013

Camping & Carving


Kids carving
We camp a lot with my parents and my nieces.  When we are all together we letterbox together.  My parents work a lot a don't have time to letterbox on their own but they all went with us in the fall to our event, Peace Love & Harmonie at Harmonie State Park.  There was a raffle and my niece got some carving tools.  We kind of forgot about them until she recently starting asking me to teach her how to carve.  I told her that we were all going camping soon and we should do it then.  We were camping at Harmonie and we already have all of the boxes planted there.

Our new tent :)

The weather was beautiful so we hiked some and carved some.  My family just got a new tent because the zipper doors broke on our old tent the last time we used it.  It was six years old and we wore it out!  The kids also rode bikes, played on the playground, and hung out at the Nature Center.  We tired to fly kites but it was not windy enough.  We always stop and get an ice cream on our way back to Evansville.  It was a very nice weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment