Monday, April 8, 2013

Quilted LTC

I recently participated in the Unique Materials LTC swap and this is my card. I originally was going to do something completely different.  My plan was to make a spring meadow scene and quilt around butterflies, flowers, and grass.  But I had a hard time getting the colors to look right.  So I decided to just make it really simple.  This is a stamp that I made for "Thank You" LTCs and I used it for this card too.

I struggled with the original image and the final edge.  I wanted to finish it like a normal quilt but the card would have been too big or the edging would have covered up part of the stamp image.  So I had some green thread that changed shades and I thought it would look nice around the edge.  I really enjoyed making the card and I think it look great too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment