Monday, March 3, 2014

Hitchhiker Hustle Again

Hitchhiker Hustle 3: Wise Little Owl
I participated in a Hitchhiker Hustle tracker last year and really enjoyed it.  You make a HH, make a LTC with the stamp, send them both off to the host, and you get a new HH and one of all the cards.

This year I carved up an owl for my HH.  For the card I played around with another new technique.  I took pages from a book, squirted paint on the top, and take a credit card to drag the paint down.  I found the technique at gomakesomething.com and I thought it would work well for a tree trunk.

For the leaves, I went out on Black Friday ready to buy a leaf punch.  I had my Jo Ann's coupon in hand, I left 2 of my kids in the car, and ran in.  To my surprise the check out line went all the way back to the cutting table!  I knew I couldn't leave my kids in the car that long.  So I went to see if they actually had what I wanted so I could come back later and get it.  Sadly it appeared that they didn't have any leaf punches.

Later that day, I went to my parents house to pick up my other 2 kids and I told my mom about the crowd at Jo Ann's.  She takes me up to her scrapbook room and she had 3 leaf punches that were exactly what I wanted.  So I got to borrow them for free :)

PS-I found one of the HHs from the swap last year when I was boxing in St Louis in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment