Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Something New for Spring



I am participating in an LTC swap called "Something New for Spring." I did a Christmas one a few years ago and decided to try another one. My card is called, "Rainy Day."

For this card I messed around with alcohol inks again. The other times I sprayed or rubbed the ink directly on the paper, spritz with water, and sprinkled salt on top.

This time I left out the salt and I bought a craft mat to rub my inks on. I stamped and dropped the ink on the mat, sprayed with water, rubbed the paper into the ink, and I set them aside to dry.

Anther thing "new" about these cards is that I have been wanting to use pages from a book. When you look at ATCs a lot of them use pages from books and I think it looks cool. So I gave it a try this time. I went and dug around in some books from high school and started tearing out pages.

I thought the blues looked like a gloomy rainy day. I tore the paper to the size I wanted and made the text vertical so it looked like rain coming down. To brighten it up a bit I took an embossing pen, drew some streaks of rain coming down, and embossed them with glitter.

Finally, the stamp I carved was smaller than I normally carve. When I was done with the card I sent the stamp off to someone who was requesting animals with umbrella stamps for an event.


Something New for Spring: Rainy Day
I found this technique on the blog gomakesomething.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment