Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Break 2014

Creation Museum
Hello to my 2 blog readers ;) I try to post once a week but time has gotten away from me and I lost my camera! I can't have a blog post without some kind of pictures. So I took a few pics with my tablet.  It's not the best but I am still looking for my camera.

This past week was Spring Break (woo hoo) and we spent a few days in the Cincinnati area. We drove over on Tuesday and spent a few hours at the Creation Museum.

Noah explaining how to build the ark
We were there about 2.5 years ago but we wanted to see if anything had changed. They have added zip lines and the kids wanted to try that out. But once we got there we discovered that only Lego Clone Trooper could do it. R2-D2 was old enough but not big enough.

The Creation Museum is running a special this year where kids are free and the tickets are two day passes. On the first day we just went thru the museum. On the second day we walked thru the museum again, saw the planetarium show, walked the grounds, and checked out the petting zoo. The Creation Museum is a pretty cool place. They are trying to build a life size ark.

http://creationmuseum.org/

Petting Zoo
Last time we were there we looked for two letterboxes and couldn't find any. This time we looked for one there and one down the road and found them both.

We left the museum about lunch time, had lunch at Subway, and went to the Newport Aquarium. It was good too but I am starting to think that once you have seen one aquarium you have kinda seen them all  Or if you go to a nice big zoo you don't really need to see an aquarium.  But the kids liked it and there was a letterbox close by.

http://www.newportaquarium.com/


L to R: Lil Ewok, Daddy's Favorite Princess,
Lego Clone Trooper & R1-D2
Then we went out to supper and back to the hotel. On Thursday morning we packed up and went to the Entrainment Junction. It is "the worlds largest indoor, interactive train display" and it was awesome. All of my boys love trains and they had a great time looking at all the displays.

Entertrainment Junction is 25,000 square feet, with more than 2 miles of tracks taking you thru 3 different time periods. It was neat to see all the tunnels, bridges, building, people, etc.

They also have a fun house with a few mazes. There is a mirror maze, one with curtains, and more.  I highly recommend Entrainment Junction if you are in the area.

http://www.entertrainmentjunction.com/

Entrainment Junction 

Turn table from above 

Princess in the fun house



2 comments:

  1. According to AQ, you have 1,027 followers. Yes, really. I'd be happy to show you. So don't sell yourself short. ;) Not everyone comments, and not everyone reads everything, but hang in there. You are noticed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I recently met someone who reads it so I know there are two of you :) My Bloger stats vary a lot. My least read post had 2 views and my most read post had 70!

      Delete