Monday, May 25, 2015

Day in Louisville

Colonel Sanders at Cave Hill Cemetery.
A few months ago my boxing buddy, G-MA, asked me about boxing out of town.  We both have all the boxes in Evansville and have to travel to get more.  G-MA is trying to find her 800th box by the end of the year.  She asked if I would be interesting in going to Louisville.  That sounded good to me so we set a date.

The stamp I planted.
I was in charge of getting the clues together and as I went through the Louisville boxes online I started to panic.  Many of the boxes were old and had not been found since 2011.  I thought this is going to be a complete waist of time and that we were not going to find anything.
I have never seen stained glass
 memorials like this before.  There are
several in Louisville. 

We left Saturday morning at 7 and arrived in Louisville at 9 (our time) and started our adventures in Cave Hill Cemetery.  We spent our morning here and I planted a box here too.  Most of the boxes we looked for we found and it was a beautiful place to be.  I was also worried about the cemetery being really busy due to the holiday weekend but it was not.

G-MA, Lil Ewok, and I left the cemetery about 1 and ate lunch at Mc Donalds.  We got lost after lunch but we also boxed in Eastern Cemetery, St Louis Cemetery, Calvary Cemetery & St Michael's Cemetery.  It was really convenient that these cemeteries were all close.

The Conrad-Caldwell House.
For our last boxing stop of the day we went to The Conrad-Caldwell House.  It is an old Victorian home/museum and the box was planted by some folks who had traveled 2234 miles from Sacramento, Ca.  It was a fun stamp and location.  And while we were there a sky writer was making a message in the sky.  We were busy stamping and didn't see all the message.  But it was interesting.

When we were done there we headed back to Indiana.  We had dinner at the Cracker Barrel in Corydon and then finished our trip home.  We found 13 boxes and had a great time.





No comments:

Post a Comment