Monday, May 18, 2015

Two events in one day

Spring Mini Meet
On Saturday I participated in two letterbox events in one day.

The first one was at our local nature preserve.  They were having a "Big Adventure Day" with several outdoor activities to try.  There was letterboxing/geocaching, archery, knots, orienteering, bird watching, how to fly fish, etc.

The geocacher is a Girl Scout friend of mine and asked if I would teach about letterboxing.  I was free and happy to do so.  The only problem was the weather.  It basically rained all day and the attendance was very low :(  I taught only a handful of people about letterboxing but I had a good time hanging out with my GS/geocacher friend.

In the evening we had a event at a local Chinese restaurant.  We had 17 people sign up but we were missing 5.  Technically, my husband and boys came to eat and then left.  I was looking forward to talking to some new people who have just started boxing but they didn't show up.

In the picture, front row L-R, me (christmas6), Daddy's Favorite Princess, & Carry On Grandma.  Back row L-R, Green Peeper, G-MA, & mojudy.  I am always surprised when the ladies from St Louis come over.  I wish I could go over there more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment