Thursday, May 7, 2015

hello! LTC

I originally made this card for the "Alternative Stamps" tracker.  You were supposed to make a stamp out of nontraditional items.  I made a bird stencil out of cardstock and stamped the inside of it with a pencil eraser.  I liked how it looked so I used the pencil eraser for the grass too.  The orange legs were drawn with a marker.  I have had the store bought alphabet stamps for a while and thought they were the perfect size for this card.  And you know that I am currently on a text paper kick.

Here is the problem, the host was hosting many swaps and I think they got over whelmed.  I was in another one of their trackers and waited more than 2 months to get my cards back.  I was so mad that I decided that I would drop from all their trackers, even the ones where I had completed the cards.

I decided that I would send the cards away to "Marjorie's Potpourri."  But then someone pointed out that Jiffy had several swaps that my cards might go with.  I checked them out and sent them off for a swap called "Long on Top."  I did check with Jiffy first since my cards don't have a hand carved stamp and the number rule of LTCs is they must have at least one hand carved stamp image.

So, I am disappointed that I won't get to see the other "Alternative Stamps" but I feel it was for the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment