Monday, September 19, 2016

Event Planting Finished

Pizza Revolution 
They were calling for rain on Saturday but it ended very early.  I had 4 Etsy orders late last week so I spent the morning carving stamps for that.

My husband took the big boys to complete a project and I had the little two.  We were supposed to have BLT's for supper so we stopped at the Farmer's Market on our way out of town to get some tomatoes.

Lincoln Bicentennial Plaza
The rain sacred many people and vendors away.  There are always a few food trucks there and one is a double decker pizza bus.  We have talked about trying it before but we usually go to the Farmer's Market first thing and it is too early for lunch.  But it was a little after 11 and we gave it a try.  The kids got a 4 meat pizza called The Big Bad Wolf and I had the Fun Guy.  It was really good.

After the Farmer's Market we stopped at a gas station and headed to the park.  We paid to get in and parked at the Lincoln Bicentennial Plaza.  We used the restroom and checked out the plaza before hiking our trail.
Fungus

We  planted 36 boxes for our Famous Hoosiers series.  There were many cool fungus on the path.  We saw another large yellow one but that pic turned out fuzzy.  The kids were pretty grouchy again while hiking.  At one point Lil Ewok had a melt down and said, "Why do I have to carry everything!"  He was carrying his shoes and a walking stick.  I told him that if he wanted to take his shoes off he had to carry them.  I didn't realize that 3 things were everything.

Kids writing their name on the trail

Once again I worried about planting the boxes too close together or too far apart.  I think I plant them closer at the start of the trail and farther as we go along.  This path had many fallen trees, stumps, and cut logs to use as hiding places.  We came across some Cub Scouts while we were out.  We let them pass so we could keep planting.  

I made a small box in a mini Altoids tin that I wanted to plant at the fire tower but the kids lost it.  I am going to search the car again and if I can't find it I will make it again.  That means I will have to drive to the park and hike again!  I may wait and plant it Friday night after we set up camp.
Planting selfie

I need to get stuff together for the meal and make my signs.  I think I am almost ready :)







No comments:

Post a Comment