Thursday, September 15, 2016

Event Planting Part 2

I have been planning for months to go out to the park on Saturday and plant more of my event boxes but they are calling for rain.  So I decided I would go out today with Lil Ewok.  There was an issue with my kids school, Turtle Boxer & Daddy's Favorite Princess were off today, and I had extra "help".

There is a big road construction project less than a block from the school.  They turned off the water and when they turned it back on again something at the school broke.  They tried to fix it during the night but were not able to get the job done.  They had to have the water off to work on it.  That meant no sink, toilets, or school.

We headed out to the park to plant another 28 boxes.  The kids about drove me crazy.  (Short trip, I know.)  They wanted to just put the box in the hiding spot and run off to find another spot.  I had to explain to them that I had to make notes, write down landmarks, tree names, get left/right correct, etc.  After a while they did settle down.

It sprinkled on us for just a few minutes but being in the woods we didn't really get wet.  We mainly heard it hitting the leaves of the trees.  I only took one picture on the trip.  Lil Ewok played games on my phone the whole way over and ran my battery down.  My phone died and I don't know how many steps I walked!!

I just have 38 more boxes to plant.  I will watch the weather on Saturday and if the rain holds up I will have to go out on Tuesday.  The event is just over a week away :D

No comments:

Post a Comment