Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Event Planting Part I

Planting selfie 
I went out on Saturday and started planting boxes for my event.  The weather was perfect.

I started off looking for an old box in the park because I wanted to plant on the same trail.  As soon as I got to the hiding spot and big group of people came up.  They were geocaching and asked if I was too.  I told them that I was letterboxing and we discussed the differences.  I showed the kids our new signature stamps and signed in the cache with them.

Snake skin between branches
Once they were gone I started looking for the box again.  The finder notes said that the log had decomposed but the box was there under some bark and leaves.  I  looked all over but couldn't find it and I planted my letterboxes on the path.  I will probably look for the old box again before my event.  It was last found in February of this year.

Then I planted my Life is Good in Indiana series that has 20 boxes.   (Don't let me forget that I have to return one of them when the event is over.)  I have never planted a series this big before and it is tough.  You don't want the boxes to close together and you don't want them to far apart.  I was worried about but I think it worked out pretty well.  Part of this trail is around a small lake and there was a nice breeze.

After that I planted my 6 pennies.  They are on a loop trail around a church/ cemetery/historical area in the park.  I am still temped to carve those last two pennies.  The park has an amphitheater and there was a live show that evening.  They were practicing that afternoon and as I was planting the pennies, I could hear the music floating through the forest.  It was beautiful :)

I am waiting on 3 more stamps.  I had some stamps sent to me that I wasn't expecting and had to order more Lock n Locks.  They should arrive today and I will be back out planting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment