Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Christmas Wrapping Paper Recycled

This is my card for Beetle's recycled wrapping paper LTC swap.  I really enjoyed making these cards and cranked them out in 3 days.

I used thin cardboard (kinda like cereal box) for the backing.  I tore the papers and attached them using Liquitex Matte Gel Medium.  You paint it over and under the papers.

This LTC is a lot like my Winnie the Pooh  card.  When the wrapping papers were down I stamped my image on white tissue paper and glued it down using the Gel Medium too (under & over).

I let that dry and then covered the card in Glossy Mod Podge.  I tried to use the Mod Podge to glue down the gold ribbon.  Some places wouldn't stay and I used straight pins to keep them in place.  I applied the glossy MP twice letting it dry each time.  Then I did one coat of Sparkle MP.

Christmas Wrapping Paper Recycled:
So hard to wait!
I carved this stamp stamp in 2013 for a LTC calendar swap.  Each person signed up for a month of the year, made 12 cards, sent them off, and the host made a Bind it All calendar with the cards.  I don't think I have ever reused this stamp.

I am very happy with how the cards turned out and I am looking forward to seeing the others :D

No comments:

Post a Comment