Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year & Box of the Month

BOTM Fall 2016
Happy New Year!  We spent the first day of the new year like we would any other Sunday.  We went to church and out to lunch.  We tried to see the movie SING but were turned away because the seats were full.  They have recently remodeled one of the theaters in town.  They took out every other row of seats and put in reclining seats.  So, less people can see the movie.  Sounds like a bad idea to me but they didn't ask what I thought :/
BOTM Fall 2016

I participated in BOTM for 2015 & 2016.  I got to thinking, that I posted about BOTM every month in 2015 but almost never in 2016.  I guess 2016 was pretty uneventful as far as BOTM goes.  It didn't go missing like 2015, it was a drive by and much easier to get to by all.

In the fall I took a few pics of changing leaves in the cemetery but never posted them.  I tried to take more pics but my phone died.  I am thinking of carving a stamp of the Celtic cross and hiding it near by.

A local boxer is taking my place in BOTM in 2017.  I am so excited!  I get to be a finder this go round.  She posted the new box yesterday and we found it today after we saw the movie SING.  We loved the location of the box.  The kids goofed off while I stamped and I had to have a pic of the wall.  The box had a HH in it and I had 2 but they were are home.  I will make sure to drop them in my bag so I can pass one on next month.
BOTM January 2017

As for 2017, it will probably be pretty low key.  No planting 100 boxes for an event.  I have joined the "Google Doodle" postal, I am back in the ornament swap, I have some event donations in my pile of stamps to carve,  I hope to make it to the Ohio prairie event, of course LTCs and a few traditional boxes.  TTFN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment