Monday, June 24, 2013

GS Day Camp-Day 1

Me showing off a box. 
I have been working for a few months now to get things together for Girl Scout Day Camp.  They asked me to help the Brownies earn their Letterboxing Badge.  I carved stamps, received stamp donations, made logbooks, containers, clues, etc.

Today was the first day of camp and it started off very wet.  But for this first day we had planned on being inside anyway.  We talked about what is letterboxing, what do you do, what do you need, etc.  Also today the girls assembled their logbooks and stamps.
Putting logbooks together.

Making stamps. 
For stamps the girls just put a foam sticker on a plastic bottle cap.  I had the logbooks mostly assembled before camp.  We used three paper lunch sacks and folded them in half.  Then we punched holes on the fold and tied the bags together with yarn.  One of the requirements for the Letterboxing Badge is to make a dictionary.  I had typed one up and they put it in the openings of the paper bags.

My sons, Lego Clone Trooper and R2-D2, were my helpers for the day.  We saw four groups of girls with about 20 in each group.  They were late getting started with the rain but once things got going it went well.  I am looking forward to tomorrow where the girls will go out and find some boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment