Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Trails Hitchhiker

Ellis Park, Henderson, Ky
Recently a person in California posted on the Kentucky AQ board that they wanted to get a Hitchhiker to the commonwealth of Kentucky.  There are very few Kentucky boxers so I offered to plant the HH for them.  The stamp arrived in the mail and I was surprised to see that it was a horse racing stamp.

Just across the state line in Kentucky is the horse track, Ellis Park, and the there is a letterbox there.  I thought it would be the perfect place to leave a horse racing Hitchhiker.  

My logbook from 11/11 and today (6/13).
I had found the letterbox at the track in November 2011 but I had forgotten what the image was exactly.  When I arrived it was cool to see how similar the stamps were.  I stamped the logbooks and left the HH behind.  The box is a Blue Diamond on a busy highway and I am sure that it will be picked up in no time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment