Friday, June 28, 2013

GS Day Camp-Day 4

Passing around the box of the week.
Today was the last day that I was helping the Brownies earn their Letterboxing Badge and we mainly talked about stuff.  We discusses camouflage, good hiding spots, muggles, maintenance, and Leave No Trace.  The girls had asked me about stamp carving so I showed off my tools but there was no way I was going to let 20+ K-3rd grade girls carve.

Passing around the Thank You Cards.
Most of the stamps that the girls found this week were donated so we passed around a "Thank You" card for them to stamp.  And they passed around the official stamp of the week.  When we were all done I gave them a handout with letterboxing info for their parents and gave out my SWAPS.

Carving w/ the big girls. 
The older girls were having an overnight tonight where they were going to do some night caching.  I went back to camp to talk to the girls briefly about letterboxing and talk them thru stamp carving.  They will hide their stamps tomorrow for a scavenger hunt.  All in all, it was a good week.






No comments:

Post a Comment