Friday, January 10, 2014

Busy with books

I have been very busy the past few weeks making books. I am participating in a Bind it All tracker. You have to make a dozen books of any kind. The only requirement is that they must have one hand carved stamp image on it.

I signed up and started looking online for ideas. I found a cute little apron recipe book and decided I would make it. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some supplies. But then I went to Jo Ann's, found something I liked better there, and had to return my Hobby Lobby stuff.

I printed, cut out my template, and got to work. I had to make 12 books and they each have 7 pages. That means I had to cut out 84 aprons plus pockets. Of course I ran out of paper and had to go back and buy another book. It took me a few weeks to cut and construct my books.

Next, came decorating them. My mom has a Cricut and I was hoping that she would be able to cut out some shapes for me. But she didn't have the cartridge that I needed. She called around to her friends but they didn't have it either.  

I started looking for baking stickers to go with the colors of the recipe book. We found some, bought all that they had, and put the stickers on the pages. After a few days I noticed that some of the stickers were peeling off. So I had to find another way to decorate my books. I sat down and pulled off all the peeling stickers :(

I was back at Jo Ann's looking at other stuff and discovered that the paper I used and everything that went with it was on clearance. I bought some of those stickers, flowers, tape, and some punches to make my own flowers. I am really happy with how they are coming along.

I posted this pic on my Facebook page and I had a few friends who are interested in buying some. I am going back and making more while I still have all my supplies out. Maybe I'll make one or two for my Etsy store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment