Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reflecting on 2013

Lil Ewok and I at my 300th find
2013 was a good boxing year for me.  I didn't reach my goal of finding my 400th box but I am ok with that. There are two boxes within 10 minutes of my house that I could easily run out and get but I am trying to show the planter that I have standers.

Nashville, Tn
In 2013, I went to my first out of state events.  In August, the whole family went to an event in Nashville, Tn.  We had fun meeting new people and finding boxes.  It was interesting to see how other people do things.  Then in November, my boxing buddy and I went to an event in St Louis, Mo.  We enjoyed going over before the event and boxing.

GS Camp
I taught Letterboxing at two events.  I had about a dozen people show up at a class at the library.  Then I helped 85 Brownie Girl Scouts earn their Letterboxing Badge at Day Camp.

I love making LTCs!  In 2013 I made 35 and "found" 554.  I also hosted my first LTC swap.  It was a Christmas swap and I quickly added a few more that are due in 2014.  I have 2 Kids Only trackers and a Life is good one.

In 2013, I stuck my foot in the door of the postal world.  I have gotten 9 postal singles and I am thinking about joining a ring.  I am also pondering sending out a postal single.

Over all my find count was down from last year.  We have less boxers now and that means less people planting for me :(  In 2012 I found 154 traditional boxes and in 2013 I found 148.  I planted quite a bit more in 2013 than 2012.  In 2012 I planted 26 traditional boxes and in 2013 I planted 39.  I am about ready for my first plant of the new year.

Another new thing in 2013 was my Etsy store.  My husband had been bugging me about selling stamps so I gave in and started a shop.  I had 3 sales in 2013!  I thought for sure that it would so nowhere.    I have some new logbooks coming out soon.

I have no letterboxing goals for 2014 but I am excited to see what will come.  My noxer husband often bugs me about wasting gas while letterboxing.  I have promised to cut back and there isn't much for me to look for anyway.  I am thinking about making a quilt.  I recently joined a Facebook group where everyone made a mystery quilt and it looks like so much fun.  This has also got me to thinking about barn quilt squares.  There is a whole trail in a county near me and I want to check them out.  And maybe plant a box or two ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment