Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Kids Only-Girls

Very Hungry Caterpillar by Daddy's Favorite Princess (5) 
I am hosting some kids only LTC swaps.  My daughter doesn't like getting "boy cards" so I set up a girl swap and a boy one.  It is supposed to start in about a week.

Back in November I participated in a swap about favorite childhood books.  According to my countdown widget the swap started 72 days ago and I still have not received my cards.

When I was making my cards the princess insisted on making cards too.  I told her it was for adults remembering their favorite books from when they were a kid but she didn't care, she wanted to make one too.  I finally gave in, helped her pick the image, transfer, and she carved away.  After the stamp was done she didn't bug me about the cards so I didn't bring it up either.

I set up this swap and told her that she needed to make the cards with her caterpillar stamp and she was very gung ho.  She wanted to do it all by herself.  So I let her; the bottom card in the pic is her original.  But she left them down where the baby could get them and he tore them up :(

A little while later I talked her into letting me help her.  I wanted to stamp the cards using the stamp press so the colors would look nicer.  She agreed and I worked on the front and she did her sig stamp on the back.  After a few cards I suggested that we punch holes in the cards like the holes in the pages of the book.  Well, she thought that was the best thing since sliced bread and she stopped stamping so that she could focus all her attention on the holes.

I think they turned out pretty good.  We will probably plant this stamp at a local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment