Monday, January 27, 2014

First time flocking

Daddy's Favorite Princess and I tried flocking for the first time this weekend. When I started working on my first LTC I picked up flocking by mistake thinking that it was embossing powder. I got home and saw my mistake so I returned it. But this weekend we wanted to give it a try. We went to Jo Ann's, Hobby Lobby, and Micheal's looking for flocking powder. We eventually got it at Michaels.

I have been working on a 4x6 stamp for a Christmas postcard swap later this year. When the princess sees me carving a lot she wants to carve. So, she made a Hello Kitty stamp and when I showed her what the flocking was she had to use it too. On some of her cards she got a little carried away with the glue but they look pretty good. She used it on HK's bow.

Hugs from Snoopy and Hello Kitty Ballerina 
For my card, someone posted a Valentine's Day swap but it filled before I could sign up :( But I had already decided what I wanted to do so I made the cards anyway; just for fun. The image is one that I will be using on my Christmas postcards later this year.

Had I known flocking was so much fun we would have started using it a long time ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment