Saturday, April 5, 2014

Happy Birthday to me :)

Today is my birthday and I have been very busy.  I am currently hosting 2 LTC swaps that are supposed to start today.

The first swap is called "Anything Easter."  Daddy's Favorite Princess and I are both participating.  My card is pretty simple.  I stamped my bunny on cardstock and painted the eggs with Crayola watercolor paints.  I also put flocking in the ears and on the nose.

The princess carved and colored all of her cards herself (I helped by stamping them).  They are bigger than 2.5 x 3.5 so she folded them in half and put pretty flower stickers on the outside.

The other swap I am hosting is "Life is good."  I am really excited about this set and the cards coming in all look great.  I caved a bubble bath stamp for my cards and made a bubble background.

I have made this background before and had a lot of fun with it.  You take some bubbles and dump them in a tupperware container.  Then you stick a straw in the liquid, start blowing bubbles, drop food coloring on the bubbles, and lay your paper on the bubbles.  Sometimes I keep blowing while I lay the paper on to get it extra bubbly.

In 2014 we are celebrating all the Christmas family birthdays with letterboxes so I am going to plant my "Life is good" stamp and two others.  I have a busy day planned with political fundraisers, school choir performances, craft shows, and more but I think I can squeeze it in.

My Esty shop has been going crazy recently and I had 9 orders in 2 weeks!  Now that things are settling down I need to work on LTCs and I told my hubby I would make him curtains for his garage.  So, I better stop blogging and get back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment