Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Boxing

First Finder :)
Like a lot of the country, we had a long cold winter here in SW Indiana and I didn't do much letterboxing. Last year I went around and did maintenance on all of my boxes but not this year.

Last week we had such nice weather and on Saturday I was able to sneak away and do some boxing. Someone planted some new boxes in our area but they are both about 45 min from me and about an hour from each other. One of the boxes was in an area that I hadn't boxed before so I took off northwest of Evansville.
Tank in Greyville park

I started off in a cemetery in Griffin, In. I was the first finder, woo hoo. It was a nice little stamp of a hummingbird. Which reminds me that i need to clean out my hummingbird feeders.

Albion Cemetery
Then, I shot over to Greyville, Ill. I had never been here before but always imagined it to be a tiny place. It was much bigger than I thought it would be. They don't have a Walmart or anything but they have a lot of little stores. I found a hitchhiker here! (I love hitchhikers :)

Next, I went up to Albion. G-MA and I had boxed here before but I didn't print off any clues. She just took me to the one box she remembered while we were passing through. I got two really nice boxes at the Albion Cemetery.

Wanborough, Ill
 Last, I went to Wanborough. It is just a few miles west of Albion. It sounds like it was a hopping little place in the early 1800s. I believe the marker said that it was the first town in Ill to have a distillery. But as Albion grew everyone moved there.

It was such a beautiful day and I am so glad that I was able to get out. And I found all the boxes that I looked for.



No comments:

Post a Comment