Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hitchhiker Hustle IV & V

HHH4: Daffodils
 I LOVE HITCHHIKERS :)  So I am in the Hitchhiker Hustle 4&5 swaps.

For HHH4, I was digging in my carving material scrap bucket and found this daffodil stamp that I carved but never cut away from the block.  It is small so I used it for this swap.

I like the look of text pages on LTCs so I cut up some more pages, stamped the stamp in a clear embossing ink pad, and embossed it with yellow embossing powder.  I wanted to do the opposite-stamp the stamp in yellow ink and use clear embossing powder but my yellow ink pad was yucky.

Then I rubbed the distress ink in the card.  I bought the fancy rubber a while ago but never used it.  The distress ink does not stick to the embossed flower.  I really like how they turned out and I will probably use this technique again :)

About HHH5, I am also in the Lepidoptera (aka butterflies/moths) swap and I have butterflies on the brain.  I carved up my stamp for the butterfly swap but carved another one for this swap too.

HHH5: Blue Butterfly
This card is pretty simple.  I stamped the butterfly in black ink on blue paper.  For the yellow background, I used a dry embossing machine.  I got one for my birthday.  This is the first time I have used it but I am looking forward to playing with it more.  I have been thinking about color wheels and that is why I put the blue & yellow together.

I hope these guys have a long and well traveled life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment