Saturday, August 5, 2017

New Signature Stamp

Old - Sometime in 2011
New - 8/2017
I have been thinking about carving a new signature stamp and finally did it.  I liked my old sig stamp but it was warped and not stamping well.  I also wanted a stamp that was one color.

My first hand carved sig stamp was 2 holly leaves and 4 heart berries for my 4 kids.  The stamp was all one piece and a pain to color.  I quickly cut the hearts out and stamped them separate.  The heart was pretty small and there were a few times on the trail that I thought I had lost it.

For a few weeks I have playing around with new stamps ideas.  I wanted to stick with the holly but couldn't find anything that really jumped out at me.  It took me forever to get Word to make the text go all the way around the snowman.  I figured it out but I hope I remember the trick if I ever need it again.

I started carving it yesterday and finished this morning.  The BOTM was planted last night and I got to try my new stamp out today.  It's not perfect but I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment